Philippians 4:6 -” Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
Within this verse is a call to take things easy. It is also a bedrock of a 12 step program, Easy Does It. Use the mnemonic below:
- E Easy does it, slow down, Ears not mouth, Emotional, Empathy , Ego Check
- A Acceptance, Acknowledge, Active Listening, Avoid Advice, Use Alternative Observations
- S Silence not quick to reply, Short, Succinct, and Straightforward (HONESTY)
- Y Your will not my will, it’ about “you” the other person and not me in the connection, unselfish attitude.
- D Don’t be distracted or digress
- I I cannot do it without God’s help
Following these guides , saying them to start the day and before significant interactions will help with Judgment, Ego, Me first, Procrastination, Anger, Etc.